Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Albright I.L.L.
What is Albright I.L.L.?
Who can use Albright I.L.L.?
Why use Albright I.L.L.? What happened to ILLiad@Albright?
- OCLC (our former ILLiad@Albright developer and vendor) is replacing their ILLiad product with this new cloudbased WSILL platform
- Since most of Albright's online databases support Albright I.L.L. direct ILL request via their sites, information from those databases can easily be imported into Albright I.L.L. .
- You can get many of your photocopies more quickly through Electronic Delivery (requires latest free version of Adobe's Acrobat Reader which you can download at http://www.adobe.com).
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location without having to call the ILL Department.
What Web browser should I use?
How do I get started using Albright I.L.L.?
For those students taking ADP classes (Lancaster, Blue Bell, etc.) offsite please enter your current home address so items can be sent to you using the USPS.
Why do I need a username and password to use Albright I.L.L.?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests.
You must use your Albright College LionLink Network/Moodle account username and password for the Albright I.L.L. system. However, no one but you will know your password, not even the library staff. The password you set is stored in an encrypted file.
What if I forget my password?
Your Albright I.L.L. userid and password is the same as your Albright LionLink (network)/Moodle userid and password, so if you ask for assistance, the password will be reset by the ITS department. Remember that any request to change one of these passwords changes all of them.
Please bring your student ID if visiting the Help Desk. By phone, you may be asked to confirm certain identifying information. For security purposes, ITS staff cannot reset passwords using email.
What if I get "The user name or password is invalid" or "User record not found" error?
Your Albright I.L.L. userid and password is the same as your Albright LionLink (network)/Moodle userid and password. The password is case sensitive. Please make sure that your Albright LionLink account is valid/active by trying to log into our Moodle site.
If you can login to the Moodle site then please contact the library ILL staff (contact info below) for assistance.
If you cannot log into Moodle then please contact Albright IT helpdesk for assistance or try toreset your password
Your Albright LionLink login is valid but somehow your Albright I.L.L. account was not create yet. Please contact the library ILL staff with your name, your Albright LionLink user name, your email address and request for a manual Albright I.L.L. account creation. We will try to have your Albright I.L.L. account ready in 24 hours and will notify you via email.
Is security a problem if I use a workstation in a public setting, like a public library?
Yes. Web browsers cache information and create a history file on the local workstation. This allows a subsequent user of the workstation to access the system under your name using the browser's Back button to recall a page from the cache, or by finding a page with your personal information in the browser's history file. This is not the case when you use an Albright computer. If you are concerned about the security of your interlibrary loan requests, you can take the following steps:
- Access Albright I.L.L. only from your personal computer or an otherwise secure workstation.
- When using a public access workstation:
- Always Logout of Albright I.L.L. before you visit other site or close the browser
- Delete from the history file those pages that contain your personal information.
- Exit from the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
Why don't I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?
This is a new ILL system. All of your older ILLiad requests can be view via our ILLiad archive at [link coming soon]
From time to time we purge older records of what you request from Albright I.L.L. . Our policy is to keep requests online for several years order to comply with record keeping requirements of the copyright law. The actual full text articles will disappear in 30 days. The only way to see the article after that time, if you did not download a copy, is to make a new request.
What is electronic delivery?
Many libraries ship photocopies of articles to us in electronic format and through Albright I.L.L. we are able to deliver these articles in PDF format (Portable Document Format).
How do I sign up for electronic delivery?
Electronic delivery is enabled when you create your account. You do not need to sign up.
How do I know if my computer can receive electronic articles?
You will need PDF Reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader) installed and configured to work with your Web browser in order to view, download, and print these articles. If you can read the sample page, then your computer has the necessary software installed to work with your Web browser. However, if your computer tells you the file type is unknown and asks if you want to save the file to disk, then you need to install the PDF Reader software.
How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available without charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. Click the "Get Adobe Reader" button to go directly to the download page.
How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- Logon to Albright I.L.L. User Portal
- Click the Interlibrary Loan Requests accordion (if not already selected) to displays all of your ILL requests.
- Click the Available to view (will open up a new window) to view the article and we highly recommended that you download the pdf file. The pdf file(s) is only available for 30 days OR 5 views (5 clicks) after they are posted. We recommend that you download anything of interest since your will need to resubmit the request if the article is needed after 30 days or viewed 5 times.
How do I know if my articles have arrived?
Albright I.L.L. sends you an e-mail notification for each item received. Albright I.L.L. will uses the email address that is listed in your account. It is very important that you keep this email address updated and that you check this email account regularly.
How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
ILLiad sends you an e-mail notification for each item received. That e-mail will include information about the delivery method.
Why can't I get everything electronically?
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
Is there anything I cannot obtain through Albright I.L.L.?
What does the "Status" of my request mean?
- Submitted- The request has been submitted and is waiting for ILL staff to review, process and request the item from another library.
- In Transit - The requested item is in transit and is being routed to the borrower/Library.
- Due [date] - The requested item was received and checked out to you. It is important that ILL books be returned by the due date because the lending library may suspend our borrowing privileges if we return books late.
- Canceled - Library staff or patron canceled the request.
- Unable to provide - Library staff were unable to borrow the requested item.
- Available to view - The requested item is available to view/download. These items are only available for 30 days or 5 Views after they are posted. We recommend that you download anything of interest since your will need to resubmit the request if the article is needed after 30 days or 5 view/click.
- Complete - Once an article request has been delivered to you, or a book request has been returned to the lending library, the request goes to "Complete" status. If you have not yet received the item, it may be on its way to you via campus mail.
When will I receive my request?
How do I cancel a request?
How do I resubmit a cancelled request?
How do I renew a checked-out book?
Please note: The book is not renewed (yet). You have only requested a renewal. Library staff will contact the lending library and request that the book be renewed. We will contact you when we find out if the renewal is approved or denied.
- You may only request a renewal 7 days or less before the due date.
- No renewals may be requested after the due date.
How do I update my email address, phone number, or mail drop?
How can I get assistance if I have questions?
Phone: (610) 921-7209
Fax: (610) 921-7509
Phone: (610) 921-7207
Fax: (610) 921-7509