Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Albright I.L.L.
- OCLC (our former ILLiad@Albright developer and vendor) is replacing their ILLiad product with this new cloudbased WSILL platform
- Since most of Albright's online databases support Albright I.L.L. direct ILL request via their sites, information from those databases can easily be imported into Albright I.L.L. .
- You can get many of your photocopies more quickly through Electronic Delivery (requires latest free version of Adobe's Acrobat Reader which you can download at http://www.adobe.com).
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location without having to call the ILL Department.
For those students taking ADP classes (Lancaster, Blue Bell, etc.) offsite please enter your current home address so items can be sent to you using the USPS.
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests.
You must use your Albright College LionLink Network/Moodle account username and password for the Albright I.L.L. system. However, no one but you will know your password, not even the library staff. The password you set is stored in an encrypted file.
Your Albright I.L.L. userid and password is the same as your Albright LionLink (network)/Moodle userid and password, so if you ask for assistance, the password will be reset by the ITS department. Remember that any request to change one of these passwords changes all of them.
Please bring your student ID if visiting the Help Desk. By phone, you may be asked to confirm certain identifying information. For security purposes, ITS staff cannot reset passwords using email.
Your Albright I.L.L. userid and password is the same as your Albright LionLink (network)/Moodle userid and password. The password is case sensitive. Please make sure that your Albright LionLink account is valid/active by trying to log into our Moodle site.
If you can login to the Moodle site then please contact the library ILL staff (contact info below) for assistance.
If you cannot log into Moodle then please contact Albright IT helpdesk for assistance or try to reset your password
Your Albright LionLink login is valid but you do not have an Albright I.L.L. account. Please log-in and create/activate your Albright I.L.L account here. Your Albright I.L.L. account may take up to 24 hours to be active.
Yes. Web browsers cache information and create a history file on the local workstation. This allows a subsequent user of the workstation to access the system under your name using the browser's Back button to recall a page from the cache, or by finding a page with your personal information in the browser's history file. This is not the case when you use an Albright computer. If you are concerned about the security of your interlibrary loan requests, you can take the following steps:
- Access Albright I.L.L. only from your personal computer or an otherwise secure workstation.
- When using a public access workstation:
- Always Logout of Albright I.L.L. before you visit other site or close the browser
- Delete from the history file those pages that contain your personal information.
- Exit from the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
This is a new ILL system. All of your older ILLiad requests can be view via our ILLiad archive at [link coming soon]
From time to time we purge older records of what you request from Albright I.L.L. . Our policy is to keep requests online for several years order to comply with record keeping requirements of the copyright law. The actual full text articles will disappear in 30 days. The only way to see the article after that time, if you did not download a copy, is to make a new request.
Many libraries ship photocopies of articles to us in electronic format and through Albright I.L.L. we are able to deliver these articles in PDF format (Portable Document Format).
Electronic delivery is enabled when you create your account. You do not need to sign up but you must opt-in to receive update from your library.
You will need PDF Reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader) installed and configured to work with your Web browser in order to view, download, and print these articles. If you can read the sample page, then your computer has the necessary software installed to work with your Web browser. However, if your computer tells you the file type is unknown and asks if you want to save the file to disk, then you need to install the PDF Reader software.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available without charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. Click the "Get Adobe Reader" button to go directly to the download page.
- Logon to Albright I.L.L. User Portal
- Click the Interlibrary Loan Requests accordion (if not already selected) to displays all of your ILL requests.
- Click the Available to view (will open up a new window) to view the article and we highly recommended that you download the pdf file. The pdf file(s) is only available for 30 days OR 5 views (5 clicks) after they are posted. We recommend that you download anything of interest since your will need to resubmit the request if the article is needed after 30 days or viewed 5 times.
Albright I.L.L. sends you an e-mail notification for each item received. Albright I.L.L. will uses the email address that is listed in your account. It is very important that you keep this email address updated and that you check this email account regularly.
ILLiad sends you an e-mail notification for each item received. That e-mail will include information about the delivery method.
- Submitted- The request has been submitted and is waiting for ILL staff to review, process and request the item from another library.
- In Transit - The requested item is in transit and is being routed to the borrower/Library.
- Due [date] - The requested item was received and checked out to you. It is important that ILL books be returned by the due date because the lending library may suspend our borrowing privileges if we return books late.
- Canceled - Library staff or patron canceled the request.
- Unable to provide - Library staff were unable to borrow the requested item.
- Available to view - The requested item is available to view/download. These items are only available for 30 days or 5 Views after they are posted. We recommend that you download anything of interest since your will need to resubmit the request if the article is needed after 30 days or 5 view/click.
- Complete - Once an article request has been delivered to you, or a book request has been returned to the lending library, the request goes to "Complete" status. If you have not yet received the item, it may be on its way to you via campus mail.
Please note: The book is not renewed (yet). You have only requested a renewal. Library staff will contact the lending library and request that the book be renewed. We will contact you when we find out if the renewal is approved or denied.
- You may only request a renewal 7 days or less before the due date.
- No renewals may be requested after the due date.
Phone: (610) 921-7517
Fax: (610) 921-7509
If you have questions about how the website is working or other technical support questions, contactTam.